Pages

Friday 4 December 2020

Art Alive, Term 4 Artwork!

 Welcome back or welcome to my blog!

Today, i'll be explaining my Art Alive (Toi Ora) art for this term! Today was the art exhibition so everybody had to have their art all finished and on display for the whole school to take turns to see! 
For team 4's art, we had to do 5 different patterns from 5 different cultures. Those cultures were Maori, Niue, Samoa, Tonga and the Cook Island's. It took a bit of a while to plan and to make but, I think mine is pretty cool! 

Please leave a positive comment :)

Maori Art Meaning: 

I chose to do this because the Ahu ahu mataroa shows talent and achievement specifically in sport but I still included this pattern as it still represents talent and achievement in some kind of way! I chose this pattern because I think that I am pretty talented and I have a bunch of amazing achievements in my life that I am very proud of!

And the reason why I added a single Mangopare in the center is because the Mangopare represents strength, leadership, agility, tenacity, unrelenting determination, courage, and wealth. I feel like i’m courageous and a leader and I feel like I have all the qualities that the Mangopare represents.

Niuean Art Meaning: 

Shark Teeth represent protection, guidance and strength. It also represents fierocity but, they are also symbols of adaptability in many different cultures. The Spearhead is a symbol that is used to represent the warrior’s qualities. Meaning strength etc I think. Both of those things sort of in a way, represent me! :)

Samoan Art Meaning: 

I chose the Turtle Shell Pattern because I love turtles and a lot of Pacific cultures have a symbol that’s a turtle. I also chose the Samoan symbol which represents Energy because I feel like I have a lot of energy. And, i’m pretty sure that the type of energy the symbol represents isn’t the type of energy I think it represents but, let’s just pretend that it does represent the energy that I’M talking about LOL!

Tongan Art Meaning: 

I chose 4 things that are important to me. They are, family\friends, church, culture and education! I had to draw three things that symbolize those things!


Cook Island Art Meaning:

I stumbled across this on Google and I thought it was really cool also, we don’t have much time to finish our art so I just chose this one. I am not sure what it means but I do know that it probably is important to the Cook Islands!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Aye Myat, I think you picked the perfect Maori design and I agree the meaning is well suited for you.. very talented and are destined for great achievement I mean look at your blog post writing is amazing!! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Miss Timmi!

      Thank you for the comment! You are very nice and generous!

      Aye :)

      Delete