Pages

Friday 7 May 2021

Building a Raft

Morning ;)

And welcome or welcome back to my blog!

Today, my class (Room 4) was split into groups of 4 on their table and we had to build a boat/raft for plastic animals to float on with straws, tape, scissors and these frilly green things that were from the straws.

Of course, my group and I (which by the way, was Madi, Nina and Finau), decided to give our plastic Rhino a fashionable raft and outfit. Finau added a skirt thing and I added a little wig/hat. Then I added a plastic cardboard cut out sword from the straws and taped it onto the Rhino.

Luckily for us, our raft was a total success and managed to float on the water!
Our group worked really well together and this little challenge was so fun! Although, I'm pretty sure everybody's raft/creation floated but oh well.

:) 
 


2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Aye,

    What a fun and decorative raft! What did you learn about teamwork from completing the challenge?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mrs Stone,

      Thank you! Definitely learning to put in your own ideas, despite even if its an idea on a way to decorate the boat. Overall, this was a very fun task, I'd love to do something similar to it another time.

      Aye :)

      Delete