Pages

Monday 3 May 2021

Watch This Space Term 2 Immersion Assembly

 Good Afternoon ;)

And welcome or welcome back to my blog.

Today is the first day back at school and we have officially started Term 2. The theme for this term is "Watch This Space"! We'll be learning all about the solar system, galaxy and universe! This blog post is a recap of the assembly we had this morning.

The assembly started off with Mr Burt explaining to us how we're children of the navigators. Mr Jacobson then showed and brought a sixton. He explained the way it works to us, it was quite fascinating. After that, Mrs Nua performed an amazing little play/skit of how she was dropped off in the middle of nowhere and didn't know how to get back home.

She didn't know how to read a map either which added to the comedy of the act. Then Mr Somerville told us how GPS works and he also showed us images of his watch that can actually tell him where he was! It looked super cool and it comes in handy.

Now for the moment we've been waiting for... Team 1, 2, 3, 4 and, 5's acts! This time, every team except Team 4 did a play. I'll tell you about my two personal favourites out of the 5 different teams. I enjoyed watching the short film that Team 4 made. It was a little remake of 'The Guardians of The Galaxy" except a different plot if I'm correct. I wouldn't know though, I haven't watched that movie before.

My next favourite was Term 5's act, aka, my team! Now, I didn't choose it as a favourite because it's my team, but because it was actually quite amusing. The Team 5 teachers put on a "The Magic School Bus" play. Yes, I'm talking about the book series for little kids where there's a teacher that makes the kids go into crazy places in her magic school bus.

Mr Moran played as the teacher, and the rest were kids. But the "kids" were from different planets, if I heard correctly. Which is weird for some "kids" but hey, there is a magic school bus that has a face and can transform into different vehicles, I'm not surprised that the kids are from different planets. However, I was disappointed when there was no Magic School Bus. They teleported to their destinations instead.

The teachers one by one, explained a few facts about the planet they were from.

Mrs Nua's act:


Team 4's act:

So that's it for this recap of the immersion assembly!

:)

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Aye,

    I am so glad that you enjoyed the immersion assembly, especially because you liked Team 5's act! What are you excited to learn about this term?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mrs Stone,

      I've always had a bit of a liking to space and so I'm quite excited for whatever we learn about it this term.

      Aye :)

      Delete