Pages

Thursday 25 February 2021

Interview with Prime Minister!

 Welcome back or welcome to my blog!

Today the Prime Minister of New Zealand is visiting Pt England School and me and Nadia get to do an interview with her! She will be coming super soon and me and Nadia will be having our last practise of what we will say and the questions we'll ask. See you guys after the interview and i'll tell you if it goes alright!

EDIT!

We just finished the interview and it went SPECTACULAR! Me and Nadia were mentally screaming when she came and sat next to us and meanwhile a lot of students were gathered outside the fence that we were in. It was so fun and she was so relaxed and easy to talk to! She came to our school because Room 21 Emailed her a video that was about us enjoying the free lunches!

"You don't need to be old for people to care what you think" is one of the things she told us! Here were the questions we asked her and her answers summarised!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aye: How is your family doing?

"My family is great!"

Nadia: Speaking of your family, we saw Neve on the news from Waitangi Day. How do you manage being a mum and prime minister at the same time?

"Yeah well a lot of people have daughters and sons while also working and being busy so I feel I am just going through that too."

Nadia: Why did you decide to give out free lunches?

"Well I got a lot of Emails from kids about lunches."

Aye: What is Wellington like?

"It's great but it's quite cold."

Aye: What is working in The Beehive like?

"It's really awesome and I feel privileged to be working in a office there!"

Nadia: What is your favourite thing about being a Prime Minister? Who is your role model?

(Answer for who is your Role Model?). "My mum and dad of course!"

Aye: What is your favourite song? Why?

"Tidy up Time because when I play it, Neve (her daughter) cleans up her toys!"

Nadia: Has being Prime Minister been a dream of yours since you were young?

"No."

Aye: Random question: What is an item you cannot live without and why?

"My phone, unfortunately because I can use it to connect to people I work with" 

Nadia: What is something you are most proud of?

"I'm proud knowing that I am helping others lives."

Aye: What would be some advice for someone our age who wants to become Prime Minister one day?

"You can do it. I think that's very important!"

Nadia: What has been the most challenging part of leading the country through the COVID-19 pandemic?

"Worrying about making the right or wrong decision."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall, me and Nadia felt very privileged to have the chance to speak face-to-face with the Prime Minister, Jacinda Ardern!

Please leave a positive comment :)

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Aye,

    Wow isn't that the experience of a lifetime!? Can you believe that you really got to interview the Prime Minister? I think you did extremely well to appear so calm and collected.

    ReplyDelete