Pages

Thursday 4 February 2021

Marshmallow and Spaghetti Tower!

 Welcome or welcome back to my blog!

This morning, my class and I did a challenge in groups! My group had four people (including me) and it included, Jane, Nadia and Tsai! 

In year 5, I did this same thing but our tower was a complete fail..

But now, it was time to redeem myself and try to improve from it and we created this amazing tower!Everybody had around 2 minutes to plan what they would want to do to make their tower the tallest. My group were not really planning at all, it was more.. awkward? When we started building, we just did random things and hoped it would work and.. it did! 

Here's how we did it:

1: We got the Spaghetti and doubled them by getting two and sticking them together. We did this twice and we positioned them leaning into each other to balance. We taped them both together and added 2 single Spaghetti piece to balance it on each side that didn't have a Spaghetti bit yet!

2: We taped them all together and added as much tape as we could to the bottom to add as much balance to support the Marshmallow and the Spaghetti piece that hold's the Marshmallow needs!

3: We FINALLY managed to get it to balance after around 2 minutes maybe? We then got 2 Spaghetti's to tape on top. We did that and then added two more, we didn't want to risk breaking our tower and so we figured we should just add the Marshmallow on now. We did that and it balanced!

4: We were pretty much finished so we just kept adding tape on top of tape when time was up...

5: We looked over at other groups' towers and we were a bit un-sure if we'd win but we still had hope!

6: We looked at other people's towers as Mrs Stone measured them while still keeping an eye on ours! Finally it was my groups' turn and we were nervous!

7: Our tower ended up being 60 centimetres if I am correct! 


8: Something we did that helped us win was that we each had a role. Tsai helped tape the construction and also cut tape! Nadia helped tape and add things. Jane helped add ideas and put tape on! I helped by holding onto the tower while they taped it and also I added tape!

Please leave a positive comment :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Aye,

    Wow I love your clear explanation of the building process and your throwback to year 5! You have come a long way since then. What activity would you like to have another go at? I think we will have to have a golf ball/half pipe rematch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mrs Stone!

      Thank you so much! I would definitely want to play that hand ball game thing that we played during PE! It was so fun.

      Aye :)

      Delete