Pages

Thursday 31 December 2020

SLJ UV Wearable Design

 Welcome back or welcome to my blog!

This is my 16th Summer Learning Journey task! I had to design a UV Wearable. UV stands for Ultra Violet. UV is basically the different level of UV index and how bright and hot it is outside. I had to design something that can tell you what the UV level is and it has to be wearable! I designed this comfy, smart bracelet. The colour of the bracelet tell's you what level the UV is currently.

If you press the small black button then it shows you what you should do when you encounter that level of UV. For example, my bracelet is blue! This means if I press the button the bracelet will tell me that the UV level is very high and that I should proceed to stay inside! I think that if this bracelet becomes a real thing then I think it should cost around $70 dollars at the least and $120 at the most! That is unless they add some other cool things!

Please leave a positive comment :)

Red= Lowest Level
Orange= Low Level
Yellow= Low Level
Green= Both Low and High
Blue= High
Indigo\Dark Blue= Very High
Purple\Violet= Extremely High



4 comments:

  1. Kia ora Aye

    My name is Renee and I am from the Summer Learning Journey team. Ka pai on producing this fantastic blog post! I think your UV indicator looks great with all the bright and vibrant colours you have included. I also particularly like the detailed instructions you have included in your post so that readers know what they need to do to protect themselves at different UV levels (for example, wearing a hat and sunglasses or limiting sun exposure during certain times of the day).

    What inspired you to design your wearable indicator in the form of a bracelet? I think it was a great idea because the indicator would be easy for people to read quickly while on the go (as it is easily accessible on their wrists), but at the same time it also looks very stylish!

    What did you learn when working on this activity? Was it fun or was it challenging?

    Well done for thinking about how much it might cost to produce and sell a bracelet like this - I am sure a lot of people would like to buy this, I certainly would! The quality of this post is so outstanding that I have given you extra bonus points towards your Summer Learning Journey tally.

    Mā te wā and keep up the excellent mahi - I can’t wait to see your other posts over the summer.

    Renee (SLJ)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Renee!

      Thank you so much! I am very proud of my design! Nothing really inspired me for the design but I just thought that if I make it as a bracelet then, not only is it easy to carry around but it's also not big and not that delicate. I love how stylish it turned out too!

      I learnt about how important it probably is to be able to recognise the different UV levels and to be able to know what they mean! It was definitely fun and not very challenging.

      Thank you so much! I would love to buy a bracelet like the one I created too! Also, thank you so much for adding bonus points!!

      Thank you again!

      Aye :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Aye,
    It's me Kiarah, my comment won't be as long as Renee's, but I think your design is perfect for the summer. I am not participating in the summer learning journey anymore, but I had to comment on your blog post and nothing was going to convince me otherwise! Your design is impeccable and I would buy it for 300 dollars if I had to. Happy New Year and hope your having a great holiday. Keep up the awesome work!
    From Kiarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kiarah!

      Thank you so much! You are so freaking sweet! I hope you have a Happy New Year as well and I am so excited to see you next year!

      Thank you so, so much,

      Aye :)

      Delete