Pages

Thursday 12 September 2019

2019 museum trip recount

Today(10\9\19) and yesterday(the 9\9\19) the extension group and some other lucky students were welcome to have a trip for 2 days to the Auckland museum.
Yes, I know pretty exciting, right?

Anyway on the first day of the trip I was so excited it just felt like a new adventure coming my way!
I also felt butterflies in my stomach (Not actually real butterflies.Just a way of saying ' feeling nervous')
because I didn't know if we had to do something like, um maybe things that I don't really
like or am not good at?
But when we met the teachers also known as some museum workers names were,Wendy and Gabriel(Not 100% sure that's how you spell their names!)
They were so friendly I just felt the butterflies flutter away.The activite's they introduced us into were,
VR world(Tilt brush or paint),Magic paint and coding a robot!
I seem to be pretty confident in all those things so I was so determined to get this opportunity a try!
Also there were parent helpers which were Kingston(Julianna's brother),Ms Cathy(a helper at school) and Jean(Aaliyahs mother).
The first thing that I did was the VR world thing.At first it just seemed like a normal VR until...Wendy aid that there were these controllers that you use when you put the VR goggles on and it makes you think that you are drawing! The best part is the other people waiting for their turn get to see what you see on a laptop connected to the VR goggles and controllers.
My group and I tried and tested out the VR things, and boy, they were like amazing!
The next thing my group had to do was coding a robot.
Not normal coding but...wait for it...wait for it...There were challenges on the way!
Since our inquiry theme was 'Something In The Water' we had to put a voiceover and say rocky shore and beach and stuff like that in different station in the course that I might have forgotten to metion but there was a course and once you get to a different station you have to complete a different challenge!
That was basically it for my 1st day on the 2nd day it wasn't really much I just did the VR world thing for the whole day and other people did the Mix reality drawing and robot coding all day!
Here are some pictures to give you some idea.







No comments:

Post a Comment