Pages

Thursday 23 April 2020

ANZAC Letter Writing


Hey guys, so for today my class and I are learning to write a formal letter. In this task we had to act as if we were soldiers and send a letter to somebody we would miss if we were soldiers. I, of course would send a letter to my family. I think most people would do this too. I tried my best but I have never really thought as a soldier from a perspective. It was kind of hard but I tried. Try make your own letter at home and blog it if you have a blog!

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Aye Myat,
    Great writing skills.It is difficult write from another person's perspective but I think you have nailed it! I imagine the young soldiers during WW1 would have been excited and frightened but most of all missing their families. I have read letters from my cousin when he was in Iraq and that's' what he cared about the most (and the food!).
    In the age of the internet It is hard for us to imagine how important letters would have been to these soldiers in a precarious situation. Have you looked online at the Auckland War Memorial Museum for examples of soldiers' letters?
    Ngā mihi,
    Mr Vogt

    ReplyDelete