Pages

Thursday 21 May 2020

White Water Rafting Story

Hey guys!
So I had to write a story about me going white water rafting with some of my friends. In this story, my friends are, Adriana, Julianna, Jade and Finau! (click their names to check out their AMAZING blogs)
I have never gone white water rafting before, let alone rafting. I have gone kayaking though 2 times (at camp, hehe).
Anyway, tell me in the comments if you have ever gone rafting or white water rafting + your experince!
Please leave me a positive comment :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Are you guys coming or not?” Adriana demanded as she took a few steps further into the water…

“Ok ,ok...we are coming!” we all replied. We weren’t very scared but we were not VERY confident either.

‘We’ is me, Adriana, Julianna, Jade and Finau. We were going...white water rafting! If I had to say if I was confident or not, I’d say both...but mostly confident. I took a few steps into the water, behind me was Julianna then Finau and Jade.
Adriana was the most confident, she hopped into the raft like she did it a million times!
Julianna, Jade, Finau and I hopped into the round inflatable raft.

We had helmets on, life-jackets (of course), paddles and boots.
There was also one raft guider that was going to go raft with us. When we drifted off,  we all had to paddle.
There was a gorgeous view everywhere we paddled. Julianna, Jade, Finau and I weren’t a bit scared anymore.

Thats when we saw it...it was coming towards us, or were we going towards it…
We all looked at it and then at each other, there was a downward stream! This was one of the parts we didn’t want to go through, we were so scared we gulped and waited for us to get over it.

When we slid down the slope that when it happened.
The raft tilted from one side to another…

“Uh oh..” Julianna said with a scared face,

“When the raft tilts from one side to another…” Jade and Finau said with a gulp at the end…

“We FALL!!!” Adriana and I screamed, after that we all did!

Luckily for the raft instructor he was still on the raft, so when we fell he was able to help us a bit.
But we also knew what to do, we had to try grab ahold of the safety rope that was attached to the raft.
The raft drifted away so we had to float on our backs, we stayed as calm as we could.
If the same situation happened to you YOU CAN NOT swim so we only floated on our backs.
We also didn’t let go of our paddles because that is also what you have to do if you fall out.

Eventually, we all got ahold of the safety rope and the raft instructor helped us get on.
We were all completely, soaking wet. We all looked at each other and then laughed!

“Hahaha” laughed Jade,

“Hehehe” giggled Finau,

“Hehehe” giggled Julianna,

“Hahaha” I laughed

“Hahaha” laughed Adriana.

We were all having a very nice time after that, no more falling into the water. This time when the downward slopes came we simply bounced and paddled our way out.
So make sure that if you ever decide to go white water rafting and if you want to know what to do if you fall out,

Try to grab the rafts safety rope (every raft has one).
Float down the river on your BACK, feet first!
Of course, stay calm.
DO NOT try to swim!
DO NOT try to stand up!
DO NOT let go of your paddle.

Those are all ACTUAL safety rules that you MUST follow if you do experience falling off your raft!
I hope you enjoyed! Make sure to check out Adriana, Julianna, Jade and Finaus blog!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Aye,
    I love your story. It is funny and very entertaining. If I were a teacher I would give it a A++++. I love how you even included at the bottom Julianna,Finau,Adriana and Jades blogs. They must be lucky to be your friends. Would you go white water rafting in real life? Who would you take? How many people would you take? What level would you choose? Would you dare to go on the fast and furious level 6? If you do go white water rafting in real life can I please come. Hahaha, you don't have to take me but really if you do you know who is coming. Anyway keep up the fantastic work and I can't wait to see more from you.
    From your friend Angelica. :)

    ReplyDelete